What do nurses do?
Registered Nurses will formulate patient care plans, direct and supervise care of patients by others and educate families and communities about health promotion and disease prevention.
Nurses work in hospitals, doctor's offices, schools, and private industries such as the pharmaceutical and insurance industries. RN's have a flexible schedule because nursing is a 24-hour-a-day, 7-day-a-week profession.
Is this career for me?
A Registered Nurse needs to be compassionate, culturally sensitive, and efficient. They need to be critical thinkers who are able to make decisions. They must also be good communicators.
Nurses' roles cover a wide range which includes, but is not limited to, direct patient care and case management, establishing nursing practice standards, developing quality assurance procedures, directing complex nursing care systems, conducting clinical research, and teaching in nursing programs.
"Promise of Success"
- Graduates of Allied Health programs at Keystone College have been accepted into bachelor degree programs at Florida Gulf Coast University, Keiser University, Marywood University, Milikan University, Misericordia University, Penn State University, Robert Marris University, SUNY Upstate Medical, Thomas Jefferson University, the University of Scranton, and William Patterson.
Keystone graduates of the Allied Health Program have been hired by Allied Services, CMC Hopsital, Gentex, Moses Taylor Hospital, St. Joseph's Center, and Tyler Memorial Hospital.
Internships and Field Experience
Curricula at many transfer institutions not only recommend, but also require documented experience in a particular field of study. Students at Keystone can fulfill this requirement during a semester, intersession, and summers, either abroad, in their hometown, or near Keystone's campus. Student's have obtained positions in some locations such as:
- Bacharach Institute for Rehabilitation- Pamona, NJ
- Moses Taylor Hospital- Scranton, PA
- Allied Services- Scranton, PA
- Tyler Hospital - Tunkhannock, PA
Internship/Experiential Learning Opportunities - Allied Services, Barnes-Kasson Hospital, Children's Center for Therapy and Learning, Community Medical Center, Health Services Dept. of Keystone College, Lancaster General Medical Services at Willow Lakes, Marian Community Hospital, Mercy Hospital, Moses Taylor Hospital, Roxborough Memorial Hospital, St. Joseph's Memorial Regional Medical Center, therapy clinics, rehabilitation clinics, science labs, veterinary clinics, and doctor's offices.