Global Learning Mission Statement
Global Learning and Study Abroad Committee Mission Statement
International learning is an essential component of an undergraduate education. Therefore, the mission of the Global Learning/Study Abroad Committee is to serve all Keystone College students by providing academically-based international experiences which will give them the skills to be active, informed, and culturally sensitive citizens in a rapidly changing global society.
In order to achieve this mission, the Global Learning/Study Abroad Committee will endeavor to increase Keystone College's student participation in these areas by:
- Providing academically-based study abroad programs with a commitment to quality, safety, and accessibility.
- Providing students with a high level of service by assisting them in the selection of programs best suited to their needs and interests, preparing them to meet the challenges of an international experience, and assisting in financing the experience.
- Developing and upholding policies that minimize risks and promote excellence.
- Advocating and collaborating with faculty and academic departments in a wide range of disciplines to integrate study abroad and global learning into the curriculum.
- Articulating to the Keystone College community the importance of study abroad and global learning as part of a student's overall education.
- Advocating for the inclusion of study abroad and international student enrollment in the long-range planning for internationalization of Keystone College.
- Exploring and advocating for additional language and international studies courses.