Optional Practical Training

As an F-1 student, you may only work off campus if you have received written work authorization (EAD Card) approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).  




Here is the information we need from you before you can apply for the Employment Authorization Document (EAD) from USCIS for12 months of Optional Practical Training.

  1. Bring a check or money order payable to Department of Homeland Security for $380.00
  2. 2 full-face (passport style) color photos
  3. Your passport and I-94 card
  4. All copies of previous I-20s front and back
  5. Original Keystone I-20 with the DSO's signature

After we receive these items from you, we can start your other forms to send to USCIS. 

RememberIt will take at least 90 days from this point to get your EAD card.