Working While in the U.S.
International students may work on campus up to 20 hours per week, while school is in session; full-time employment is permitted on campus during official school breaks, however summer employment is not always available on campus.
Employment Training Application (Word doc)
- On-campus employment can include Sodexo food service and physical facilities.
- The student must be pursuing a full course of study.
- Employment may begin no sooner than 30 days prior to the start of classes.
- Transfer student employment can only be at the school listed on the SEVIS I-20.
- Student may only work until the end date of the SEVIS I-20.
AVOID VIOLATING YOUR IMMIGRATION STATUS DUE TO ILLEGAL EMPLOYMENT
It is illegal to work off-campus under any circumstances until you first receive authorization from the Designated School Official.
There are two types of off-campus employment
Please read all requirements before making a decision regarding off-campus employment and meet with the Designated School Official.