Pennsylvania Driver's License Information
- Global Learning
- International Students Services
- Pennsylvania Driver's License Information
If you have an international driver’s license, it is only valid for 1 year. If you plan on driving in the U.S., you should apply for a Pennsylvania driver’s license as soon as possible.
How to Obtain a Pennsylvania Driver’s License
- You may obtain a Driver’s License Manual from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Center or download the manual from the website PENNDOT Driver and Vehicle Services - Pennsylvania Driver's Manual.
- Study the manual to prepare for the computer test.
- After you are prepared for the computer test, print out the form DL-180 in Section 2. Write in your information on the first page. You do not need the Parent Consent Form if over 18.
- Make an appointment at Health Services for a physical exam. Health Services will write in the information on the second page.
- Go to the Department of Transportation to take the computer test. Take with you the following documents:
- A letter from the Designated School Official showing you are a student at Keystone College
- Social Security Card or letter from Social Security Administration indicating that Social Security did not make a decision yet.
- 2 proofs of residency (something showing your address such as a rental agreement or utility bill)
- A check or money order for $29.50.
- After you pass the computer exam, the officer will give you a temporary driving permit. With this permit you can practice with another driver. This driver must be over 21.
- When you are ready to take the road test call or schedule an appointment for your test on-line. Be sure to take the following with you when you take the driving exam:
- A valid driving permit
- A licensed driver (bring license with them)
- Proof of insurance on the car
- Proof of registration and inspection of car of the car
Remember, your driver’s license fee is not expensive. However, you must buy car insurance if you purchase a car and this is expensive. You cannot drive without car insurance. If you have any questions, please contact Shirley at 945-8252.