Certification of Finances

A Form I-20 is a government form that tells the U.S. government that you are eligible for F-1 student status. It certifies that

  1. You are or expect to be a “bona fide” student.
  2. You meet our admissions requirements.
  3. You will pursue a full course of study.
  4. You proved to us that you have enough money to study and live in the U.S. without working illegally or suffering from poverty.

You need a Form I-20 to obtain an F-1 student visa or status, or to keep lawful F-1 status when transferring or changing schools within the U.S.


Contact International Student Services for more information.