Writing Intensive Perspective
The goal of Writing Intensive perspective is to provide students with opportunities to write, receive feedback from instructors and peers, and to demonstrate discipline-specific writing within the curriculum they have chosen to study.
- The course must require a minimum of 16 pages of writing at 250 words per page.
- The course must utilize a variety of types of writing assignments.
- The course must evaluate the quality of writing as part of the overall course grade, according to a rubric adopted by the faculty member and used consistently.
- The course must ensure opportunities for drafting and revision before final evaluation of the written assignment.
- The course must have an assessment process that addresses the writing component.