Howard Gardner Expectations
Field Experiences at Howard Gardner should be a meaningful experience for you, the students, and the faculty. The following is a list of expectations that, when practiced, will help to meet that goal.
- Arrive on time and stop at the office to check in
- Sign-in at the office
- Wear a name tag each time you go. Howard Gardner teachers are addressed by their first names.
- The cooperating teacher will have a log book in the classroom. Sign it each time you observe.
- Ask your cooperating teacher for a class list. Make every effort to know the children by name.
- Tell your cooperating teacher what your assignments are.
- Ask to see an outline of the curriculum.
- Coordinate your assignments with classroom curriculum.
- If your assignment asks you to present a lesson, discuss it with the cooperating teacher and show it to them the week before.
- If your field supervisor will be coming to observe you presenting a lesson, please inform your cooperating teacher.
- Ask the cooperating teacher if there is anything she/he might like you to prepare for your next visit.
- If you are absent, you must contact the Howard Gardner at 941-4100 school to let them know.
- When it is time to leave, remember to sign out of the classroom and at the office.