The purpose of a portfolio is to allow BS candidates to produce and show evidence of professional knowledge and practice in the categories of:
- Planning and Preparation
- Classroom Environment
- Instructional Delivery
- Intellectual growth and diversity
Your credential portfolio must contain the following items and be submitted via Live Text. The Portfolio Preparation Guide provides more detailed instructions for developing your portfolio via Live Text.
1. Current Resume Including the Following Demographic Information
- Permanent address
- Home phone number
- Business name, address, and phone number (if applicable)
- E-mail address
- Degree sought or program of study (Bachelor of Science)
- Current criminal history clearance
- Current child abuse clearance
- Current FBI clearance
- Current First Aid and CPR certification - First Aid and CPR certifications obtained in an online format will not be accepted.
- Health appraisal, including evidence of current negative TB chest x-ray
- Two current letters of recommendation, signed and on letterhead; one must be from a Keystone College Education Division faculty member. Two completed skills and disposition checklist forms from Education faculty would also be acceptable when applying for formal admission.
- Copy of current transcript information, including latest GPA. You must show evidence of a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Evidence of professional membership (PSEA, NAEYC, CIC).
- Passing PRAXIS I scores: Pre Professional Skills Assessment scores.
- Evidence of completed field observation hours.
- Samples of completed field assignments.
- Art Education students should submit samples of artwork.
4. Why I Want to Be a Teacher Essay (No more than two pages)
- Explain your philosophy of education. What do you believe about teaching and learning? You may share an anecdote, inspirational quote or your metaphor for teaching to complement your philosophy.
- Assess your strengths, areas for improvement and goals for continued growth as a teacher.
- Reflect upon your ability to work effectively with other members of a teaching team, other colleagues, students, parents, and the community.
Credential Portfolios must contain all items listed above. INCOMPLETE PORTFOLIOS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.