Advising Services for Education Students
- Academic Departments
- Current Student Information
- Advising Services for Education Students
Course Recommendation and Selection
- The advisor is responsible for meeting with students to recommend courses that must be taken to meet the curricular and sequence requirements for the intended education major.
- Prior to the formal advising period, all Education students receive emails which contain recommendations for course selections based on the sequence of courses listed on the course sequence sheet.
- All course recommendations are based on formal transcript evaluations completed by the Registrar.
- Students need to closely review their email correspondence with the advisor.
- Once course recommendations have been made by the Academic Adviser, it is important that students register for these courses.
COURSES ARE SUBJECT TO CANCELLATION IF STUDENTS DO NOT REGISTER FOR THEM IN A TIMELY MANNER. INSUFFICIENT STUDENT NUMBERS (FEWER THAN 10 STUDENTS) FOR A PARTICULAR COURSE WILL BE THE DETERMINING FACTOR IN OFFERING THE COURSE. REGISTER EARLY!