Gambal Athletic Center
62% of our current student population uses the gym facilities!
Built in 1987, named in honor of Sergius Gambal '47. Sergius (Serge) Gambal was born in Old Forge, Pa, and served in the Army during World War II in the European theater. After the war, he graduated from what was then called Keystone Junior College, then moved to Washington and graduated from GWU. He also attended GWU's law school. Gambal graduated in 1947, and was for many years a Trustee. The Gambal center was built in 1987 and dedicated to him in October of 1988. In addition to the money he gave towards the building, Gambal also set up scholarships and there was a Distinguished Professor award given in his name.