Karen Arcangelo, PhDAssistant Professor
Department or Division: Division of Education
Office Location: Ward Hall 2nd Floor - Room 210
Phone Number: (570) 945-8488
What makes Keystone special to me?
"Keystone College is a warm and accepting environment where faculty and students take the time to get to know and work with one another.”"
- Ph.D. in School Psychology (1991) Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- M.S. in School Psychology (1988)- Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- B.S. in Psychology (1983)- Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
The social and emotional development of children and protective factors related to resilience and growth.
- Arcangelo, K. & Cooper, L. (2014). "Let's Talk: Practical Tips for Effective Parent Conferences" presented at the Midwest Early Childhood Conference, Grove City, PA
- Arcangelo, K. & Sweeney, J. (2012). "Helping Children Make Transitions Between Activities" Presented at the Lackawanna County Human Development Agency Head Start, Scranton, PA.
- Arcangelo, K. (2011). "What Early Child Care Providers Need to Know About Autism" presented at Childcare Providers Early Childhood Education Conference 2011, La Plume, PA
- Arcangelo, K. & Langan, F. (2009) "Early Childhood Professional Portfolio Content: Organization and Assessment". presented at Pennsylvania Higher Education Institute, State College, PA
- Arcangelo, K., Kanaley, C. & Shanks-McElroy, H. (2009). "Exploring Transitions from a School District Perspective and Exploring Transitions from a Preschool Perspective". Presented at HANDS of Wyoming County and Keystone College Transition Conference. La Plume, PA
- Arcangelo, K. & Kanaley, C. (2008). "Let's Get Ready" Preparing children for Transitions to Kindergarten". Presented at HANDS of Wyoming County. Tunkhannock, PA
- Arcangelo, K.T., Hogan, J. & Langan, F.G. (2008). Special Education Dual Certificate Workshop presented at the Pennsylvania Technical and Assistance Network, Harrisburg, PA
- Lewandowski. L.J. & Arcangelo, K.T. (1994). The Social adjustment and self-concept of adults with learning disabilities, Journal of Learning Disabilities. Nov;27(9).
- Arcangelo, K.T. & Lewandowski, L.J. (1989). Evidence of validity for the Diagnostic Achievement Battery. Journal of Psychoeducational Assessment, Vol 7(1), Mar, 46-55.
- Child Development I & II
- Psychology of Play, Cognition and Learning
- Developmental Assessment
- Special Education Processes and Procedures
- Pervasive Development Disorders: Evidenced Based Effective Instruction
- Family Partnerships: Advocacy, Collaboration and Transitions