Registrar's Office FAQ's
How do I obtain an official transcript?
Submit a transcript request form to the Registrar's Office with the $5 fee to:
P.O. Box 50, One College Green
La Plume, PA 18440
Who do I contact about Veteran's Affairs and Benefits?
The College's Veteran's Affairs Representative is Kate Owens. She can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact the Veteran's Affairs Regional Office at 1-800-GIBILL1
VA Regional Office
Post Office Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616
Can I get College credits for military experience?
Yes, visit the Veterans home page for more information.
What is FERPA?
- FERPA is the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- This law ensures that a student's educational records are protected.
- Only the student may access his/her educational records (including financial information) without expressed written consent from the student
- A student may grant permission for another person to access his/her educational records by completing a FERPA Waiver form and submitting it to the Registrar's Office. Waivers are effective as long as the student is a current student. Waivers my be revoked by the student at any time by submitting a new form to the Registrar's Office.
How do I register for courses?
- Students register for courses by using the student portal, MyKC.
- Current students may access MyKC to search for course offerings, add and drop courses prior to the beginning of any term, and to print unofficial copies of student transcripts.
- Course schedule changes that are needed after the start of classes will require an drop/add form. This form will need to be completed by the student and his/her advisor.
- If the student wishes to add a course, the signature of the instructor of that course will also be required.
- Completed add/drop forms must be submitted to the Registrar's Office, preferably in person.
How do I get my grades?
Grades are obtained through the student portal, MyKC.
How do I transfer a course from another institution?
Keystone College accepts transfer courses from other regionally accredited institutions.
The student must have earned a grade of "C" or better in a non-developmental course and have an official transcript sent from the institution directly to the Registrar's Office.
How do I obtain enrollment verification for insurance or loan deferment?
Enrollment verifications may be obtained by utilizing "EnrollmentVerify" through the National Student Loan Clearinghouse web site at http://www.nslc.com/.
- If the loan company or insurance company has provided you with a form that must be completed by the Registrar, you may either bring the form to the office, or mail it for completion.
- Please include your contact information with the request so that we may contact you if necessary.
What is a graduation audit?
A graduation audit is an audit of your academic transcript against your degree requirements. This lists all courses outstanding for graduation.
- A graduation audit may be completed when a student is within one semester of graduation. Complete and return the graduation audit form to the Registrar's Office.
What are "credit by assessment" and "course challenge?"
Credit by assessment is an alternative way to obtain credit for a course.
- The type of assessment required varies by course.
- To register for a credit by assessment, the student completes the credit by assessment form, obtains all necessary signatures, and returns the completed form to the Registrar's Office.
- Students wishing to obtain credit by assessment should NOT register for the course. The registration will occur when the completed form is received.
- Credit by assessment is graded as Pass/Fail. The grade of "P" for pass does not impact the student's grade point average. The grade of "F" will adversely impact the student's grade point average.
- Course Challenge is a way for a student to complete course requirements by mid-term.
Students wishing to challenge a course must complete the course challenge form, obtain all necessary signatures, and return the completed form to the Registrar's Office.
Students wishing to challenge a course should register for the course.