Commuter Life FAQ's
Where do I get a parking permit and how much will it cost?
All vehicles parked on campus require a parking permit and must be registered. Parking permits can be obtained online through KC Connect. Commuters are automatically billed to cover the parking permit cost.
Can I use the same parking permit on more than one car?
Permits may not be transferred from one vehicle to another. Temporary parking permits must be obtained by students and employees who are utilizing a rented or borrowed vehicle for a short period of time. Please obtain a temporary permit from either the Office of Public Safety, or Student Business Services before parking your vehicle.
What parking lots can I use?
Commuters are permitted to use the following parking lots:
- Main Lots across the street from Victorian homes
- Lot across the street from Hedgewood (President's home)
- Lot behind Gardner Hall
- Lot adjacent to Gambal Athletic Center
- Lot behind Art Building (shared with faculty & staff)
- Lot behind Moffat Hall
Download Parking Map (PDF)
Can I appeal a ticket?
Violation Notices may be appealed to a special Traffic Appeals Committee. The Traffic Appeals Committee meets on the 15th and 30th of each month and will reply to all appeals within one week of the meeting. Forms and More Information
What technology services are available via the web?
Visit the Technology & Support web pages for information on the following:
- Moodlerooms is our primary online learning tool. It has a number of features that both instructors and students can use for collaboration, communication, document delivery, announcements, etc. Students will be provided with an ID and password during IT Orientation in August.
- Miller Library offers a web-based system where you can search the library's catalog of books. There are a number of ways you can search for a book you are looking for; by author, title, subject, ISBN, etc. From this page you can also jump to the main Miller Library website where you can further browse for resources such as magazine and newspaper articles (See the librarians for more information on the computer services they offer).
- KC-Connect is our student information center. Here, students can log into their account and follow up on the classes they are enrolled in, their business office account balance, and grade information. This is also where students register for classes, or where they would make any class changes during the semester.
- Web Mail provides browser based access to your Keystone College E-Mail account from any Internet connected computer. Be sure to read the "click here" instructions before trying to access your E-Mail from off campus, as the sign-on process can be tricky!
- College Central helps connect students and alumni to employers and job opportunities. Visit the Career Development Center for more information and assistance.
- Efollett is the company that operates our College bookstore. This link takes you to the Efollett on-line store where you can purchase textbooks, computer software, and Keystone College related clothing and novelties. All of these are also readily available at the campus shop.
- Discount Programs include special offers on computer equipment and software.
- IT Helpdesk System accepts requests for service from the College IT department.
How do I know if classes are canceled due to inclement weather?
A decision to compress the morning class schedule and notification to the local radio and television stations will be made by 6:00 a.m. If morning classes have been delayed or cancelled, the decision to delay or cancel afternoon classes will be made by 10:00 a.m. The decision to cancel evening classes will be made prior to 4:00 p.m. More About Inclement Weather
Where can I go to relax/study in between class?
Commuter students are encouraged to take full advantage of all the facilities Keystone College has to offer.
- Giant's Den and Grill, located in the Hibbard Campus Center
- Dining hall is located on the third floor of the Hibbard Campus Center.
- Computer labs and study areas in the Miller Library and Patrick Hall.
- Commuter Lounge located on the 2nd floor of Patrick Hall. The Lounge includes a living room, tv, kitchen with refrigerator/stove/microwave, and a dining room.
I am having academic difficulties. How can I receive help?
Academic support is offered free of charge for Keystone College students. Students may contact the Student Success Center to arrange help.
I am looking for psychological assistance. Who can I contact?
Counseling services at Keystone College offers individual and group counseling, a referral network, faculty and staff consultation, outreach/programming, drug and alcohol services, and academic support groups. All services are free of charge and are available for all students.