Our Physician Assistant can provide the following:
- Obtain medical histories and perform physical examinations for athletics, driver's licenses, general wellness, and female wellness purposes
- Diagnose and treat acute health problems such as infections and injuries
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays
- Provide immunizations (flu shots, etc.)
- Promote positive health behaviors and self-care skills through education and counseling.
- Keystone College provides free, confidential STD and HIV counseling in conjunction with the Pennsylvania Department of Health
- Prescribe medications and other treatments
- Collaborate with physicians and other health professional as needed
Health History and Physical
This information is CONFIDENTIAL and is to be used strictly by Health Services as an aid in providing health care. No information will be released without knowledge and written consent.
All full-time students are required to complete and submit the following information to Health Services before registering for classes:
- Health history form (PDF)
- Immunization records
Part-time students must complete these forms if they wish to use the Health Service office.
Proof of Health Insurance
All full-time students must have health insurance. Proof of appropriate health insurance coverage must be submitted on MyKC prior to the beginning of classes and done so each year. Insurance information is not carried over year to year. All students must register their insurance information with via MyKC or they will be automatically charged for school insurance.
Health Insurance offered through the College
If a student cannot present proof of appropriate insurance coverage, they will be billed $1,691 for the health insurance that is offered by the College. This coverage will be effective 8/22/13-8/21/14.
Visit the Academic Health Plans website for more information on the health plans offered through Keystone College. You will have access to the brochure, temporary ID cards, locating a doctor and many other benefits offered through Academic Health Plan.
All full time students (12 credits or more) are required to complete a TB Risk Assessment and Screening Tool forms biennially. As per the instructions on the Student Health History form, students deemed “high-risk” by their health care provider and Health Services must then have a tuberculosis (TB) skin test or Interferon Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) testing preformed.
Students Studying Abroad
Health Services would like to help prepare those students who are interested in studying abroad. Please stop in or call so we can assist you. You may need to start immunizations a month or so before you actually leave for your trip so it is important to let us know your plans at least 2 months in advance.
You can view some of this information at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Click on traveler health information and select the country you are interested in.
Counseling Services at Keystone College are free and confidential for any student that is feeling the pressure of college life.