Departments and Offices
Global Learning and Study Abroad
The Keystone College Center for Global Learning is designed to increase and enhance global learning through course curriculum, study abroad opportunities, foreign language offerings, and internationalized programming on campus.
The Center for Global Learning will improve and increase language study to enable students to communicate and understand other linguistic and cultural groups, and will allow the College to focus on preparing students for life and work in the global economy of our interdependent world.
The Center for Global Learning will provide students with appropriate real world experiences that include study abroad, international internships and experiential learning opportunities, language study, and courses emphasizing global issues and perspectives. Furthermore, the Center will actively seek funds to enable students to study abroad and to encourage enrollment of international students.
Goals of The Center for Global Learning
- Consideration of cultural sensitivity and issues of global diversity in all areas of decision making on campus.
- Emphasis -- throughout the curriculum -- on the global implications of decisions.
- Provide our students the knowledge, skills, and attitudes through a variety of experiences that enable them to understand world cultures and events; analyze global systems; appreciate cultural differences; and apply this knowledge and appreciation to their lives as citizens and workers.
- Encouragement for faculty to develop and enhance globally-focused courses throughout the curriculum.
- Increased awareness of other languages and encouragement for the study of languages, including Spanish.
- Creation of more study abroad, international internship, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Greater utilization of international students' and study-abroad returnees' shared learning experiences.
- Development and encouragement of globally focused programming and co-curricular events on campus.
Services for Study Abroad Students
- Assist students in selecting an appropriate study abroad program, consistent with academic requirements and objectives and plan of study.
- Assist applicants regarding eligibility for a variety of study abroad programs.
- Provide pre-departure orientation and re-entry support.
- Provide information on funding sources.
- Provide assistance to Keystone students while studying abroad.
- Serve as a resource to students, parents, the College community and others regarding study abroad programs, policies and procedures.